Post by Matthew James on May 29, 2019 17:03:20 GMT -6
I'd like to take a moment and talk about the fate of Winchester. Sadly, I think this version of Winchester is no longer viable. I had depended on partners, who became encumbered with the difficulties of life, which I understand. We molded these worlds together and it felt wrong to move on without them so I waited. Sadly, they weren't able to return, and now I feel I waited to long to continue.
A NEW BEGINNING...
Though this version may be ending, I have not given up on the series and would like to continue it in a new way. A new series. A fresh start.
I have already begun work on a new series. One created on my own. I plan to release it similr to Netflix. Writting, editing and releasing half the season, in one go, and repeating the same for the second half. I believe this will create a lighter work load.
- The series will retun to its college roots. Now set at the fictional, New Haven University.
- The series will continue to revolve around the investigation into the disappearance of Eve Wise's brother, Jackson.
- Some characters will stay similar, some have been dropped, and new versions of others have been written.
- For example, Tracy will now be played by Eliza Taylor. She has been combined with Maya and will become Cheif of the New Haven Star. Though she will be driven, she'll be driven by justice rather than advancement. She'll be compassionate to the pain of others which often lands her in trouble.
- Another change I can share is Lucy. The originals have been displayed as book smart, giddy, and optimistic. Our new Lucy will share the same smarts but be more gothic, jaded, and loud. In order to act as a contrast to best friend, Charlie. Who will be timid and tech savvy. Where one is often too scared to say what they feel, the other has no filter.
These are just a few early changes I can share. I plan to pitch the series once the pilot is ready.
Creator Connor | Winchester | THE FALLEN
Currently Writing Winchester | 1x07 "Civil War(riors)"